|« Back to all news|
Fractional Ownership News
Earth Angel and Seeff Fractional are greening Zimbali estateDate: 06/08/2010
Article source: Seeff Fractional Ownership
EARTH ANGEL IN ASSOSICATION WITH SEEFF FRACTIONAL
• Despite my reign as a Miss Earth South Africa Ambassador drawing to an end I feel that it is necessary to continue with the work that I have been doing. I have had such a wonderful learning experience throughout the past year and I would still like to be able to make a difference to both the communities around me and to our environment.
• Miss Earth South Africa is a platform for young South African women to make a positive contribution to our environment and to the communities around us. It has helped me as a person to realize the important role each of us plays in combating
• The creation of Earth Angel has long been a dream of mine. However, I have never managed to find a willing and able partner to work with to fund the various
initiatives…until I met Henry Greyling.
• As an icon in the development world, he understands the intricate role we as individuals play in making a positive impact in our environment. As a developer, he also understands that there are certain natural elements that he must make use of to build his company and therefore his brand. He knows that as a brand he has to give back, and by joining forces with Earth Angel he is able to initiate greening projects and therefore promote a sustainable future for the communities around him
and for the environment.
• With the implementation of the new Carbon Credit system in the South African Economy, it is vital that Corporates start giving back, and this is exactly what SEEFF Fractional is doing through its partnership with Earth Angel and the various projects
they will undertake in the next few years.
• SEEFF Fractional may not be buying Carbon Credits per se, but through their initiatives with Earth Angel, they are minimizing their Carbon Footprint in South Africa and this will hopefully inspire other Corporates to start doing the same.
• The Kyoto Protocol has yet to be fully implemented and understood by South Africans but SEEFF Fractional as a forerunner in their industry can now also be seen as a forerunner in the global need for a change in our thinking about the way in which we treat our earth and what we are going to do to give back.
• It is sad to think that the World Summit for Climate Change held in Copenhagen last year had no solid time restricted and enforceable resolutions to combat climate change. It is therefore up to the Private Sector and us as individuals to start taking the reigns on Climate Change. This requires that influential people like Henry Greyling see the value of greening, and set the example.
• The Key factors set out in the Kyoto Protocol to be achieved by 2012 seem to be
falling fast to the wayside.
• The concept of greening can no longer be seen as a fashion statement but rather must be seen as a standard we must all conform to if we are all to benefit from a healthy earth, an Earth that can sustain life the way we know it for many years to come.
• One of the areas countries should be focusing on as outlined in the Copenhagen Convention on Climate Change is forests, the rehabilitation of deforested areas and the prevention of further deforestation. With this in mind planting a garden and planting indigenous trees and plants becomes the core focus of the greening initiatives of EARTH ANGEL and SEEFF Fractional.
• Earth Angel’s motto is “planting the seeds of change”. In order to achieve this, we must not only physically plant trees, but we must also plant seeds of change in people’s consciousness and change the way people think about greening and climate change. In this way we can alter their conceptions of the role they have to play in combating Climate Change.
Various projects to be tackled by Earth Angel in Association with SEEFF:
• Greening Gardens at SEEFF Fractional Properties.
• Giving Back: Greening and educating underprivileged communities around various
• Educational Workshops: educating underprivileged communities about the importance of sustainable farming (on a small scale to be carried out within townships) and to give them the opportunity to become micro-entrepreneurs within their communities.
FIRST PROJECT: LANDSCAPE GARDEN AT ZIMBALI VILLA
• Why: to introduce the public to SEEFF Fractional’s “Giving Back Green” programme that will be designed and managed by Earth Angel.
• How: Re-landscaping the existing garden at Villa No 30, 15 Horesewood Drive Zimbali and having an intimate Open Afternoon for Zimbali residents, Celebrities and Members of the Media. The Garden will contain indigenous and endemic plants and will showcase all that Natal has to offer. It will create an awareness of the indigenous beauty that lies within our natural heritage.
• When: 13th July 2010 starting at 13:00 – 15:00.
• What: It will be an Early Afternoon Event where members of the Media and Invited Guests will be presented with an introduction to Earth Angel and its relationship with SEEFF Fractional. Celebrities will have the opportunity to plant the final plants in the garden and to announce the garden open. Guests will be able to enjoy refreshments and walk around the Villa and its garden.
THE ROLE OF SEEFF FRACTIONAL
• Seeff Fractional’s role is as an investor, buying into Greening Initiatives designed
and managed by Earth Angel.
• SEEFF Fractional realizes the importance of giving back to communities and the environment.
• Education is the key to a nation’s success and in this case, it is through the educational workshops designed by Earth Angel, that SEEFF Fractional will be handing that Key to Success to the various communities it engages with to
successfully minimize their carbon footprint.
• Through Henry Greyling’s foresight into the importance of taking a stand against climate change he is helping Earth Angel with their vision of “planting the seeds of change.”
• Not only does SEEFF Fractional further their investment into their properties’ overall aesthetic value through the re-landscaping of the garden; but they also have a
lifetime investment in the overall improvement of the environment.
• SEEFF Fractional realizes that while the initial costs of such an investment may be high, the long term benefits will prove to be a return on their investment for future
generations to enjoy.
• Through investing in Earth Angel’s greening initiatives, Henry Greyling and SEEFF Fractional are taking the lead in social responsibility projects and are becoming the forerunners in the development sphere through the lifetime investment of protecting our earth.