|« Back to all news|
Fractional Ownership News
30 percent interested in purchasing vacaction ownershipDate: 28/09/2009
Article source: www.newsguide.us
Dover, NH (PRWEB) October 31, 2008
Sell My Timeshare NOW Targets Expanded Presence in the International Vacation Market U.S. based timeshare resale and rental advertising company readies for projected increase in global demand in vacation ownership properties. Improved consumer protection laws and a growing interest in fractionals, particularly among baby boomers, reinforces this optimistic outlook despite declining third quarter earnings reports by some developers and hoteliers.
The global leader in advertising and marketing vacation ownership resales and rentals, Sell My Timeshare NOW, is preparing for an increased demand in shared ownership vacation products in the international marketplace.
Coming off their participation two weeks ago at the Organisation for Timeshare in Europe (OTE) Forum 2008 in Madrid and presently in route to the Canadian Resort Development Association (CRDA) Annual Conference, executives for the company are committed to increasing their services and their offerings to the international consumer.
Jason Tremblay, the company's CEO and founder explains, "Timeshare sales in Europe have lagged behind those in the U.S., but with better consumer protections, the sale of new units and of resales will take off."
Earlier this week, the European Parliament voted in favor of a new bill to update the original timeshare law passed in 1994 in the European Union.
JasonTremblay, and the company's Director of Communications, Steve Luba, expect much of the information distributed at this week's CRDA conference, which is being held in Victoria, British Columbia, will forecast a positive outlook for the industry. While U.S. sales may be lagging, international sales are projected to remain strong across the board and in some categories escalate, particularly in the sale of fractional ownership products.
Steve Luba says, "A new study released by MonCasa Capital Corporation shows Canadian demand for second home lifestyle properties is at the start of a 15-year purchase cycle." The study, prepared for MonCasa Capital Corporation by Harris/Decima, reveals that 30 percent of those surveyed (some 1000 Canadian vacationers) indicated they are interested in purchasing vacation ownership property, as either shared or sole ownership, or as a fractional.
Currently 14 percent of Canadians own recreational real estate and of the 14 percent, 57 percent are sole recreational property owners. The remaining 43 percent have shared ownership assets, a category that includes fractional properties.
Because Tremblay's company is internet based, it is not constrained by traditional advertising and marketing, which can limit an advertiser to local and national TV and print options. Instead, this global online marketing company offers worldwide exposure, effectively covering international markets in Europe and Canada as thoroughly as they already cover the domestic market.
About the Company:
Sell My Timeshare NOW provides advertising and marketing for consumers who want to sell their shared ownership vacation property. The company, founded only five years ago, is the recognized global leader in the online marketing of resales and rentals with over $368 million in offers from prospective buyers and renters placed through its website so far in 2008.